Sunday, September 6, 2009

Not writing- reviews

This will be a review post. Partly because I have some good, no scratch that- great books to review. And also because I am finding myself in a difficult position regarding my writing. I have done nothing of substance in a couple of weeks because when I do have time I am too tired (read:lazy and tired) to put in a huge effort. So anyway, on to what I have done.

Break- Hannah Moskowitz- I am in awe that someone so young (not that I am so old at almost twenty four but come on, high school?) pulled together such a wonderful book. It is hard to read when Jonah breaks his bones (he is on a quest to break all of them) and equally hard to read that his mother nearly kills his brother with allergens day in and day out but if you can take that, you are in for a treat. Poor Jonah! The only part I did not like *SPOILER* was that the self harmers in the psych ward decided to break their own bones as well. Maybe I, and Jonah for that matter, should have seen it coming... but it was hard to think about. I also did not like that Naomi urged him to continue when he said he was done breaking his own bones. Just seemed weird. But I guess friends are friends to us in different ways. And that was hers. Anyhow, go out and buy this book, it is worth owning. If I did not win the ARC then I would have bought it.

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. I have no words... A better book than I ever thought I would read. I could gush all day long about it. Seriously. I never saw the things coming that happened in this book. It was surprising, heart wrenching and lovely. I can't live for another year without knowing their fate! One thing I will say- SPOILER ALERT
Katniss is in love with Peeta. Maybe Gale, too but she admits that, why is it so hard to admit it about Peeta Mellark? Because he is from the town and not the Seam? Because her friendship with Gale will be forever changed? I don't know but I just want to jump into the book and scream for her to wake up.... I love Peeta! Team Peeta all the way, I guess. Anyway, read these books. Hunger Games was awesome and it started the trilogy but its hard to even hold a candle to Catching Fire.

I am about to start the Lightning Thief so I guess I will review that when I am done with it. And I guess I am going to try to write. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment